[PLUG] OT -- Chromebook will/will not print

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:22:49 UTC 2020

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 5:53 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Mar 2020, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > It keeps on trying to send the pages as A1 rather than LETTER.
>
> Chuck,
>
> A1 size is the metric equivalent of 36" x 48" and usually requires a large,
> roll-fed printer. Many applications with a European origin (or flavor)
> default to A4 paper which is the metric equivalent of 8" x 10".
>
> Is the application actually asking for A1 rather than A4?
>
> What tool does the chrombook use to view gmail?

Chrome. Everything on a chromebook goes through the google web browser. You
could try to reproduce the problem on a different OS by going through
chrome. Does Chrome in Ubuntu replicate the same behavior?

I would try to reproduce this on my chromeOS device, but I replaced the
bootloader and installed Slackware without bothering to use the google
crap.