[PLUG] cat 5E patch cable

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 02:44:00 UTC 2020

I literally stumbled on internally broken wire - 13mm (1/2" for readers in
Zimbabwe) from the cable end. Somehow it connected when clamping the ends
together to measure them. Thankfully, there was enough difference when
measuring wire pair capacitance from the broken end.

The wire strand got cut by the cable jacket cutter - part of my fancy
crumpling tool. The cable runs at 1Gb/s as it should.

Well, it is likely the most expensive patch cable I had ever owned - hand
crafted and individually tested!

And it is probably one jeti foot too short the next time I need to use it.

Probably one of the most painful ways to waste Sunday afternoon. Actually,
that is an exacerbation,  accidentally listening to the WH breefing for the
second time was way more painful this afternoon.

I recommend All Classical to avoid other media morbid obsession in milking
every little Covid bad news over and over.

-T