[PLUG] From {proprietary consumer} TO {FOSS contributor} HOW???

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Fri Mar 27 19:59:21 UTC 2020

Lousy subject line? *PROBABLY* Suggestions welcome ;}

About a decade ago I got fed up with M$ telling me that they knew more
about my needs than I.

Responding to an application oriented question on a USENET forum, a PLUG
member suggested I try Ubuntu. Canonical had made design decisions which
clashed with how I thought. That led me to discovering FOSS, and Debian
in particular.

I do not have the technical skills to contribute viable code.
I've been a computer *USER* since early 60's.
Is there a forum whose goal is guiding consumers to provide _USEFUL_
feedback?

For the record, my primary experience has involved QA/QC/inspection/etc
functions with topics ranging from compound lighting a firefly's tail to
instrumenting megawatt power distribution systems (flavored with one
nuclear power plant).

TIA
(Owl ducks fer cover ;)