[PLUG] Feedback wanted: Virtual PLUG Events

Michael Dexter dexter at pdxlinux.org
Fri Mar 27 20:30:39 UTC 2020

On 3/27/20 5:17 AM, Ben Koenig wrote:
> "FreeConferenceCall" ??? Really?

I just got off of Michael B's demo of this. It is quite similar to
Zoom/Hangouts and no, making something "open source" does not make
something inherently more secure, but it does generally insulate you
from a company institutionally sharing your private information as per a
clause deep in the EULA you clicked past while trying to get to the
meeting in time. The OSI-approved licenses will never include these
privacy violations. I choose knowing where I stand whenever possible.

Michael