[PLUG] Feedback wanted: Virtual PLUG Events

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:51:28 UTC 2020

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

I don't know if people really don't care, or if they are afraid to accept
the harsh reality of the world we live in. Russian intelligence
agencies directly attacked American politics in 2016. There are documented
instances of direct harassment of citizens as well. It doesn't even matter
what your opinion of Trump is. The idea that an anonymous group anywhere in
the world can use the data you upload to the internet to directly target
you in a physical way is a big deal. And it's happening, right NOW.

But for some reason, anyone who expresses any concern about how web
services are built is automatically a bad person. I don't like throwing up
XKCD links to prove my point, but this one is too perfect.

https://xkcd.com/743/

If living under a rock means caring about the safety of our internet and
protecting myself from russian spies and religious terrorists, then yes, I
am definitely living under a rock.
-Ben