[PLUG] From {proprietary consumer} TO {FOSS contributor} HOW???

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 19:09:45 UTC 2020

> That page answers a slightly different question than I was attempting to
> ask. It focuses on "W here"to contribute "What".

In my experience, the what is a harder question to answer because it will
vary greatly depending on the project, ones interests and skills/talents.

What I've come to realize is that the Linux community is very much about
individual interests. A prime example is Linus Torvalds stating publicly
that he has not interest in the Linux desktop.

If I were trying to do what you are I'd start with getting clearer about
what I'm really interested in and what I have to bring to the table

>From my experience, that's harder to do. It's easier to ask others what
they need. Figuring it out for oneself is a slower process of refinement.

The reality for me is that I have many things Linux & FOSS that interest me
and a relatively small skill set to apply usefully.

-- HTH --