[PLUG] Unifi AC AP LR Linux...

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:05:01 UTC 2020

I run UniFi controller on a RPi, that is the best way to do it, yes that old
mongodb is a royal pita... Not sure why they are so stuck to it. I also
have the UniFi controller on some other networks one where the router
and the access points are Ubiquiti but the switches are what I could get
at my local IT recycler (a 48 port PoE Gb switch with 4 SFP ports and a 24
port PoE Gb switch with two SFP ports) I needed the PoE and the price
was right ($75 for one and a donation for the other one), I have the unifi
controller running on a Ubuntu Mate box that displays the cameras too.
(not the DVR just the display) So download the unifi controller do a factory
reset on that Unifi AC AP LR, and then let the UniFi controller own it,
--- Remember the ancient mongodb requirement--- and you will be good.
Oh yes, make sure you keep a back up of the config file just in case
the controller gets whacked. Of course if access to the AP is not too
bad then it is pretty easy just to start anew, but having the config file
makes it a LOT easier.

Here is the URL to the download site, when you open the page scan
down to *Software, *under that heading you will see the packages for
various OS.
https://www.ui.com/download/unifi/

Here is a how to for the RPi...
https://pimylifeup.com/rasberry-pi-unifi/
This is a great use for the RPi that way you do not need to use a full
sized computer to do this job.