[PLUG] Still Having Print Color Problems

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:17:13 UTC 2020

I've got an HP Color Laserjet 2600n. For some reason, it started printing
with kind of a washed out yellow/greenish tint over the printing. It prints
fine from my Windows laptop. I am running Linux Mint 18.3 on my desktop. It
works fine from my other Mint computer. I received a suggestion to go to
the HP site at
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/gethplip .

I tried this, no luck. I get to Step 12: Select Device, select my printer
and it says "error: The device you are trying to setup requires a binary
plug-in. Some functionalities may not work as expected without plug-ins.
Please run 'hp-plugin' as normal user to install plug-ins. Visit
http://hplipopensource.com for more infomation. " I run 'hp-plugin' and it
tells me "Unable to receive key from keyserver". I tell it to install
anyway. Then it finishes and says "Plug-in installation successful". I then
re-run hp-setup and go through the whole Driver Plug-in thing again. I've
installed the plug-in a bunch of times. Wash-rinse-repeat, over and over
and over again.

Now I cannot print at all. At least before I could print, just washed out
colors. Now nothing. I am using HPLIP 3.20.3.

I thought about copying the .ppd file from the working computer to the
non-working one, but I still can't seem to get the printer manager to
select the printer again.

Thanks for any ideas.

Michael