[PLUG] Ambient light screen adjustment

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sat May 2 01:31:38 UTC 2020

The HP Compaq Pro 6300 has a camera in the top of the bezel.
That was my idea that it would use the camera to get the light
info. Seems it should be pretty straight forward you look at the
pixels get an average of them all and adjust the screen based on
preset levels. I am not sure why it would need another sensor
using cameras to look at light levels has been done for a long
time. A single sensor (pixel) or multiple sensors (camera sensor)
are still light detectors. Here is a link to the machine description.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03443420
Here is what is says about the camera:
Integrated 2.0 MP webcam (up to 30 frames/sec)
1600x1200 resolution. So all I need to find is something
that can take that info and convert it into monitor intensity
control.