[PLUG] Security headaches

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun May 3 21:56:36 UTC 2020

On Sun, 3 May 2020, Mark Allyn wrote:

> Nothing goes into my smartphone except for my phone list. All data
> (financial, email, everything) is on and stays on my desktop. I treat my
> phone as a phone and only a phone. ... I leave my phone on my desk at home
> almost all the time.

+1. I use my wireless phone for voice convesation and the occasional text
message exchanges. Where I differ from Mark is when I'm away from the
house/office: I put my phone in a Faraday cage bag so I have it available if
I want to make a call.

> If it craps out, all I lose are some phone numbers, most of which are
> written down in a note book in my desk drawer.

I keep only frequently called numbers in my contact list. All the rest are
in the Palm TX and jpilot.

> Facebook never gets that phone number.

Don't do facebook, twitter, or that other stuff. My social network is
face-to-face (was/will again be), phone, and e-mail.