[PLUG] Security headaches

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Mon May 4 15:46:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, 4 May 2020 08:11:33 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Mon, 4 May 2020, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> I think we need to figure out a way to identify ourselves online
>> with our DNA. I could then just lick my computer screen or something
>> and be accepted.

>And risk transfering a virus to a linux host? I hope not! :-) Think of
>the DNA analysis backlog and the time you'd wait to log in.

But just think, no more fake Russian identities hacking the election
system.

>Hope you're completely healed -- physically -- now and you stay
>healthy.

My left shoulder will need joint replacement (like hip replacement
surgery). Unfortunately, the soonest I can talk to the surgeon is May
13, and they won't even schedule it until then. And it's elective, so
who knows how long it will be. Meantime, they have me on narcotics for
pain relief - oxycodone - the one that millions got addicted to.

Back to Google and Facebook, I started the 'forgot password' process
with Google and was pleasantly surprised when it asked for my student
id number at PSU. I had forgotten that I had set it up that way some
time ago. It happily took the number and announced that an e-mail with
the confirmation code had been sent. Except that it hasn't been sent.
It's not in my inbox or spam folders. I keep waiting, but apparently
this part of the system is broken. :(