[PLUG] PC Engines group order

Eric House eehouse at eehouse.org
Fri Nov 6 18:28:25 UTC 2020

I happily used PCEngines's older stuff for at least ten years ending
about two years ago, when I wound up getting a $60 Ubiquiti Networks
EdgeRouter X and shoehorning WRAP onto it. That's been working great
for me since, though the less powerful box means I can't do as much
with it.

Having multiple NICs is critical for me. It's why a Raspberry Pi won't
cut it, and why, in fact, there aren't many affordable hardware
choices out there.

I think the best advice for choosing a router platform is to decide
what software you want to run and then figure out what hardware
supports it best. If all you need is an WAN-facing Ethernet NIC and
LAN-facing WiFi radio, you have a lot of choices.

--Eric
--
My g-bike can trounce your e-bike!