[PLUG] OT - State of Oregon tech infrastructure?

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:19:24 UTC 2020

> Mike,
>
> I assume this last statement is not self-referential[1]. Or, are you a rare
> gem? :-)

I had the privilege of working with and for some good people. I asked a lot
of questions, made my fair share of mistakes and tried to learn as much as
I could from those people.

I fought constantly with my IT Director about my management style & duties.
I didn't have meetings, I wasn't at my desk much b'cuz I'd rather work with
my team in the field than manage them from my desk. I often disagreed with
& challenged upper mngmt. They hated me, my team like me. My mngmt career
was short lived.

Carpe weekend,

> Rich
>
> [1] I highly recommend Douglas Hofstadter's 1979 book, "Gödel, Escher,
> Bach:
> an Eternal Golden Braid." It's a fascinating read.

I'll check out the book!