[PLUG] Weather application for Xubuntu 18.04

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Sep 12 21:59:25 UTC 2020

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:02:08 -0700
"Mike C." <mconnors1 at gmail.com> dijo:

>You might like Meteo - https://gitlab.com/bitseater/meteo

I installed it with snap, rather than bitseater. It works, but there
are problems that I can't figure out how to solve.

1) I use a VPN that currently connects me to a server in Miami (but I
might change this in the future), thus Meteo gives me Miami weather.
There is an option to change the location, but I can't figure out how
to use it. The option gives me a box to enter a new location, and
underneath it says 'Lat Lon Country State Location.' I put 'Portland'
in the box, but that gave me a blank window. I had to uninstall and
reinstall it to get even Miami working. I could use some instructions
for how to enter data in the location box, like comma separated, or
what? Or does this feature even work at all?

2) On the bitseater page the developer (Carlos Suarez) shows a
screenshot showing it appearing in his panel, where it displays the
moon phase and temperature. In my panel I show just a cloud with rain
coming out of it (because apparently it is currently raining in Miami),
but no temperature.

3) I can't figure out where it keeps its preferences; if I could I
might be able to fix the location problem.