[PLUG] Weather application for Xubuntu 18.04

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 22:43:33 UTC 2020

> 3) I can't figure out where it keeps its preferences; if I could I
> might be able to fix the location problem.

"To start using Meteo, launch the application, and it’ll appear in the
system tray on the desktop. Right-click on the red X icon and select
“Preferences.”

Inside preferences, the app will tell you that you need an API key from
OpenWeatherMap. Head here <https://home.openweathermap.org/api_keys>,
create your key on the website and paste it into the “OpenWeatherMap” text
box.
Once your key is set, go through the rest of the settings and set the city
you live in. Be sure also to tweak all of the program settings to your
liking. For instance, if you prefer Fahrenheit to Celsius, change it."

https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/get-quick-weather-forecasts-on-linux-with-meteo/