[PLUG] Recording non-downloadable videos

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 22 17:44:49 UTC 2020

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, Ronald Bynoe wrote:

> So, correct me if you've already tried this, but video download helpers
> have been around for a long time. Have you tried any of them before
> resorting to a screen recorder? I just loaded up pathable.com and tried
> their demo video, it downloaded fine:

Ronald,

Yes, I figured out how to download the conference session from patable's web
site. Now I'm trying to download a different conference's sessions hosted on
pheedloop.com. That's not working.

They have an option to view a session on YouTube so I tried that. When
clicked, the download helper icon tells me there's nothing to download and I
should start it playing to correct this issue. Unfortunately, it doesn't
correct this issue.

Have you suggestions on having firefox's download helper and co-helper
capture a playing video? I don't mind doing it sesion-by-session using
YouTube rather than pheedloop.

Regards,