[PLUG] Power Conditioner

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Sep 25 00:56:21 UTC 2020

During the fire event last week we were without PGE power a couple of
times. We have a generator connected to the house through a transfer
panel which worked fine for everything except the battery backup units
we have for our computers. They rejected the power that wasn't a stable
60 Hz. I have now heard that this is not uncommon with some generators,
and that there are devices one can use between the wall outlet and the
battery backup to maintain clean power.

Searching for these online is proving to be challenging. Some people
call them inverters. The hits I get for inverters are for converting 12v
to 120v. I tried power conditioner. That seems to be what I need, but I
call upon the collected wisdom of this group for confirmation, or a
suitable clue stick.

The two search hits I looked at are:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=120+volt+line+conditioner

and