[PLUG] Xfig vs Dia

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Wed Sep 30 17:40:49 UTC 2020

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 08:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> I've used both in the past but it's been a while since I've used
> either. I'm curious if anyone has used both and will share their
> reasons for preferring one over the other. My immediate need is an
> E-R database schema diagram and I know both can produce one.
It's just a matter of personal preference really. You could even use
Inkscape if you wanted to. Xfig is also tiny and very reliable. Very
easy to port to anything.

/ With every passing hour our solar       \
| system comes forty-three thousand miles |
| closer to globular cluster M13 in the   |
| constellation Hercules, and still there |
| are some misfits who continue to insist |
| that there is no such thing as          |
| progress.                               |
\ -- Ransom K. Ferm                       /
\
 \
   /\   /\