[PLUG] Is Free Software still here?

TomasK tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 01:03:50 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 07:29 -0700, Ben Koenig wrote:
> Has anyone here been kicked out yet? We had that talk about diversity
> in
> PLUG a few years back so I'm curious to know if anyone got the boot
> for
> supporting RMS.

Boot from where?

I support RMS - he is socially clumsy - but freedom giant - There would
be no free software without him. IMHO.

Who do I need to tell about my support for him to get a boot?

> Also, slackware15 BETA is infinitely more exciting than the selfish
> screaming coming from redhat.
> -Ben

As about Red Hat - they are now IBM - different kind of animal -
definitely not a free SW company making money from support. I would not
call them selfish - just not as innovation and community oriented as
when they were Linux company. Kind of like 1960's pension fund into
government bonds and energy/railway/bank monopolies.

... it is slow motion time without in person meet ups!

:-) Tomas