[PLUG] Is Free Software still here?

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:28:06 UTC 2021

On 4/15/21 6:03 PM, TomasK wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 07:29 -0700, Ben Koenig wrote:
>> Has anyone here been kicked out yet? We had that talk about diversity
>> in
>> PLUG a few years back so I'm curious to know if anyone got the boot
>> for
>> supporting RMS.
>>
> Boot from where?
>
> I support RMS - he is socially clumsy - but freedom giant - There would
> be no free software without him. IMHO.
>
> Who do I need to tell about my support for him to get a boot?

Oh my, there's a list. Have you not seen the list?! I would link to it
but it's no longer accurate since the maintainers stopped accepting
changes. But there's also this...

https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/red-hat-statement-about-richard-stallmans-return-free-software-foundation-board

I like the part where they say "...Red Hat Contributors have told
us....". Do Red Hat employees realize Red Hat is a for-Profit company?
They keep acting like some sort of not-for-profit foundation that
accepts gifts and donations in exchange for making The World A Better
Place. From what I've seen anyone on their "free software community"
side left when CentOS got STREAM-lined.

-Ben