[PLUG] Slackware 15.0 BETA release

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Mon Apr 19 17:42:14 UTC 2021

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 21:37:42 -0700
Ben Koenig <techkoenig at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 9:28 PM wes <plug at the-wes.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 9:08 PM Tom <tgrom.automail at nuegia.net>
> > wrote:
> > > I guess I haven't thought of that. Google censors users of this
> > > list from recipient's mailboxes. And It's not like my mail server
> > > is misconfigured. not listed on any public RBLs, SPF, DKIM, DMARC
> > > enforcing the whole 9 yards.
> > >

> > Also remember that these emails don't come from your server - they
> > come from PLUG's mailing list server. So in this particular edge
> > case your hard-fail SPF rule is working against you :)
> >

> I'm gonna go with the google censorship theory. Although doing it at
> the gmail level seems a bit redundant considering they already have a
> chrome extension to scan for RMS supporters.
>
> -Ben
other than anyone's in particular's domain. However, it is questionable
that Gmail is not rejecting dmarc enforced messages and instead
treating enforced as the RFC spec says to do to quarantine messages.

I get these messages when I post here:
>A message claiming to be from you has failed the published DMARC
>policy for your domain.
>
>  Sender Domain: nuegia.net
>  Sender IP Address: 69.168.62.104
>  Received Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 19:28:17 +0200
>  SPF Alignment: no
>  DKIM Alignment: no
>  DMARC Results: Reject
>
>------ This is a copy of the headers that were received before the
>error
>       was detected.

Now the first issue, the one of SPF. I believe though could be related
to the mailing list not making proper use of the Sender header.

The second issue X-DKIM-Failure: bodyhash_mismatch, I believe that is
due to the plug ml injecting this:

That being said some people have told me gmail has started throwing
some of my emails into a spam folder and they don't know why. Email
unrelated to a mailing list. I just tell them "please contact your
system administrator about that or give me details on why it was place
into spam. Remove it from your spam folder and put it in your inbox"

--
 _______________________________________
/ As usual, I'm overstating the case to \
| knock a few neurons loose, but the    |
| truth is usually somewhere in the     |
| muddle, uh, middle.                   |
| -- Larry Wall in                      |
\ <199702111639.IAA28425 at wall.org>      /
 ---------------------------------------
\
 \