[PLUG] Resolved: Alternatives for Atril?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Apr 19 18:41:01 UTC 2021

Ali Corbin recommended evince.
Rich Shepard recommended xpdf and mupdf.
John Jason Jordan recommended evince, which shows up as document viewer.
Michael Rasmussen recommended evince.

Tried to try them all.

Evince looks nice, but if there's a way to print from it, it's not obvious.

mupdf also look nice, but like Evince, does not appear to have a way to
print.

xpdf has been dropped from Ubuntu. The recommended replacement is
poppler. How to use poppler isn't obvious.

Another alternative that turned up in my searches is Okular. I also
installed that with sudo apt install okular, and find that it does what
I need.

As I type this, I see that Brian Stanaland recommends Okular.

Thanks to all who responded.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens