[PLUG] Fire the umn.edu IRB?

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 14:25:56 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 7:20 AM Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I tend to think that the subject of this thread is inappropriate,
> definitely judgemental, threatening, mob like mentality.
>
> So far, only one side has spoken. The other one has committed to
> investigate and report back.
>
> So, if we want to be fair, we should wait for facts. If we do not get
> answers in couple of weeks, then may be appropriate to call for somebody
> else's head...
>
> Hope it makes sense,
> Tomas

The "title" used for this thread is definitely in line with cancel culture
tactics.

That said, the thread itself is not in line with the subject and the
attitudes of both kernel maintainers and UMN leadership has been very
solution oriented.

Which is nice to see in the wake of the recent RMS circle jerking. Read the
entire thread before passing judgement.
-Ben