[PLUG] Connection speed suddenly dropped

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Apr 29 01:30:51 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 5:33 PM John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> So apparently no bad wires, but it leaves me with the question, why?
> What happened to cause this?

there is likely still a bad wire or similar hardware issue going on
somewhere. what you've done is instruct the network interface to ignore any
errors or warning signs and set the higher speed regardless. this may work
just fine, or it may cause mysterious behavior in the future. at which
time, you will of course have forgotten about all of this and we'll all be
wondering why you get random web page timeouts or whatever.

-wes