[PLUG] *sigh* Printers

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Aug 19 00:18:39 UTC 2021

The subject requesting the advice has a HP PhotoSmart 7520. I
inherited a Brother 3-in-1 MFC-J497DW, but scanning doesn't (seem to)
work on Linux. Also, the printer-ink lockdown pandemic has spread to
Brother. The PhotoSmart has worked before, but it's been on the end of
a dodgy telephone connection (my remote hands, that is), and it's not
submitting to remote bludgeoning. I'm going to go collect it tomorrow
to see if I can figure out the problem in person.