[PLUG] Next topic: whiteboard software

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 3 20:13:10 UTC 2021

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> Slides and notes problem is solved by standard presentation software such
> as libreoffice impress - you have presentation slides and associated
> presenter notes together. You present the slides to an audience, while you
> are the only person to see the notes. It handles advancing slides and
> notes together as well as printout.

Tomas,

If you want to see my screen capture videos using slides I'll send you a
URL. I've been preparing them with LyX/LaTeX for more than 20 years. And an
excellent presentation viewer is 'impressive' (yes, that's its name).

> If you think about using wacom as an input device for presentation
> whiteboard - this is definitely not as easy as it seems.

I'm not. I was responding to someone else.

When I used to lecture to university classes, or graduate seminars, I'd have
a slide or overhead projector by my side. When I wanted to display a page of
text or an image I'd use the projector because large lecture halls had no
blackboards. For graduate seminars I taught I'd use the blackboard to write.

Can't do this with Zoom or Jetsi meetings so I have separate figure files to
display at the appropriate time before removing them and returning to
sending the webcam output.