[PLUG] Large Print Text

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:47:25 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 4:21 PM Michael Barnes <barnmichael at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple short text files of quick reference info with links on the
> desktop of a Raspberry Pi. When I need my memory refreshed, I just double
> click the icon and it opens the file in the text editor. Since it is a
> small 7" screen, I'd like this to open in a large font making it easier to
> see. I don't know if there is a setting someplace or a switch I can add to
> the launcher to do this.
>
> Ideas appreciated.

Look at the args that your text editor uses (use man or --help, maybe).
There may be an option for --font or -fn or some such.  If there is, find a
bigly font and launch it from the command line to check it out.  When you
find a font that works for you, edit the launcher to include that option.

Alternatively, if you want the larger font _every_  time you launcher that
editor, you could try setting a font in X, however your distro likes to do
that.  (/etc/X11/app-defaults for me.)