[PLUG] OBS recording: PDFs, slide show, two monitors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 8 20:21:26 UTC 2021

I'm starting to learn OBS studio to record videos with both webcam and
image/document scenes displayed when appropriate.

I defined a second scene as an image and was able to select a .png file. But
I also have .pdf files that I want to display. I cannot find a scource type
for a PDF.

I have an alternative but don't know how to include or use it: a slide show
with all 6 pdf files and 3 png files. I'm seeking suggestions from those
who've done this before.

A second issue is whether to set another HP LA1951g square monitor next to
this one and use it to display the slide show and the text for the audio.
Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated.