[PLUG] Grub-pc errors

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sun Feb 14 07:18:22 UTC 2021

One of the things this exercise has shown me is that the 'apt' utility
is deleting (by default) the package after it's downloaded. I just
spent a few hours last night tracking down how to make it stop doing
that (the -o option to apt I gave you is one way, using apt-get
instead is another).

The other thing I discovered is that (and maybe this is the source of
your problem), when I went looking for your version of the Ubuntu
debian package on their archives, that it wasn't in the "pool":

  http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/grub2/

There is a 1ubuntu26.8:

  http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/grub2/grub-pc_2.04-1ubuntu26.8_amd64.deb

What that suggests is you need to do an update of the package
versions, because it's apparently pointing at a version that is no
longer being hosted in the package feed.

  sudo apt update

  sudo apt full-upgrade

should do the trick.