[PLUG] Postfix question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 18 19:59:26 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Linh Pham wrote:

> Postfix doesn't look at the CIDR file directly. Instead, you need to
> convert the file into a lookup table file by running `postmap` against the
> plain-text file.
> See: http://www.postfix.org/cidr_table.5.html

Linh,

What that says is, "The  Postfix mail system uses optional lookup tables.
These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alternatively, lookup tables
can be specified in CIDR (Classless Inter-Domain Routing) form. In this
case, each input is compared against a list of patterns. When a match is
found, the corresponding result is returned and the search is terminated."

Notice the second sentence.

In /etc/postfix/main.cf I have rows such as this;
check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/cidr/spammers.cidr,

Other lookups are hashed; e.g., rhsbl_sender_exceptions and
rhsbl_sender_exceptions.db.

Regards,