[PLUG] Raving mad RAID

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Feb 18 21:36:15 UTC 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 1:24 PM John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> It's definitely not the cable. I have three TB3 cables, and they have
> been swapped, yet the problem remains.

So the next logical step is to swap the other bits of hardware. Which is
really difficult when you only have 1 of each. Normally in such a case we
could reach out to the community to see if anyone has similar hardware we
can borrow for troubleshooting, but I think you're the only one in the
Portland metro area with one of those enclosures.

> The four U.2 drives are plugged into two PCI cards (two drives per
> card) which are then plugged into a four-slot enclosure. The enclosure
> has two TB3 ports, but no on-off switch. When a powered TB3 cable is
> plugged into either port the enclosure automatically powers on, and it
> powers off when the cable is unplugged.

Does the enclosure offer any options to supply power externally? Might be
worth a try, just as an experiment.

-wes