[PLUG] Can't figure out Synology Assistant

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Feb 19 01:55:55 UTC 2021

The metadata that tells the operating system what's on the drive is
probably on the first part of the drive. You can probably dd zeros
onto the first part of the drive and it will scan like a blank drive.
Note that nvme device naming is weird with "namespaces".

I don't really understand why anyone would intentionally use RAID0 for
anything. If *either* of the volumes die, your whole array goes poof.
I also don't actually know anything about Synology other than it's a
network attached storage appliance. If you want to compose multiple
drives to look like one, LVM would probably where my mind would drift.