[PLUG] Can't figure out Synology Assistant

wes plug at the-wes.com
Sat Feb 20 08:09:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:53 PM John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> sudo mount -a
> mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting
>         192.168.1.164:/volume1/Synology

I seem to recall from the discussion around setting this up for your older
Synology device, that you will need to tell the Synology to allow NFS
connections from your workstation's IP address. I seem to remember that you
enabled your entire network rather than just a single host. You will need
to wander the configuration pages of the Synology until you find the spot
where you can do that.

 I don't know why I might need to set the router up for the DS220+.

This feature is intended for use by people who want to access their
Synology from outside the network it lives on - ie, over the internet. You
should probably not do this.

-wes