[PLUG] OT: Looking for FOSS Recommendations for Telephone Speech to Text Devices for the Hard of Hearing

Erik Lane eriklane at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 19:58:40 UTC 2021

I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, as again it's software, and it
might take a decently fast cpu/gpu to run it, but Mozilla is working on an
open source speech recognition engine.

https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech

I've come across mentions of it multiple times, but I've never sat down and
worked on it to get it running or anything. So this is not really a
recommendation, but I'm not sure if there are better open source
alternatives.