[PLUG] Closest Linux BASIC to "Darthmouth BASIC"

TomasK tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:46:34 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-02-26 at 03:47 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 02/26/2021 02:21 AM, Russell Senior wrote:
> > I'm not sure why you are asking on PLUG.
>
> Basically {no pun intended} because this group tends to answer the
> question actually asked. On debian-user I had asked which of the
> BASICs
> in the repository was closest to Dartmouth BASIC I was told not to
> even
> consider using any Basic.

This despite not being answer you desire - seems to be solid good
advice - without you giving specific context.

You are free to ask almost any question on these lists - so, are the
ones who care to respond, like me. I would think.

Best fun with basic and tracking line numbers in such old interpreter.
Tomas