[PLUG] Sending notifications from remote equipment

John Sechrest sechrest at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:08:41 UTC 2021

There was a guy that I ran across who was doing an IOT sensor that was
essentially a little tiny cell phone (no keyboard/display), which had a
prepurchased agreement for a certain number of SMS messages.  It was an
interesting solution for this type of thing.

The name of the company he was working on is http://geotraq.com , I think
that it has been through a few pivots since I last engaged with them, but
the idea of a small box that can SMS is interesting.

I understand No-Budget projects. I am the kind of person who avoids the $10
yard ornament, to spend $1000 on tools so I can make the $0 yard
ornament.... So while my yard ornament might look like it was $0, it was
really $1000....

So perhaps it would be worth exploring if you can find the $50 IOT solution
that solves the problem.