[PLUG] GUI app to access files on another Linux computer SOLVED

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 03:43:17 UTC 2021

Yes there is. Been a long time since I actually did this so I'd have to
fiddle it for a bit but here's the basic concept.

You can create a desktop shortcut that opens your filemanager to the
specified location. When you go through the whole Actions > Connect
process it probably adds an icon on the left side of your file manager
for that folder. Could be under something like "network location" on the
left panel where all your shortcuts are. You *might* be able to right
click that and see if you can make it more permanent. Either by dragging
it to your desktop or setting it as a favorite.

Not a feature I use very often since I go NFS/SMB but xfce hasn't
changed much in the past 10 years so it should still be possible.

-Ben