[PLUG] postmarketos experience?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Jan 20 00:11:37 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I just spent about 3 days trying to get postmarketos running on old
abandoned nexus 7 (grouper) devices, including by consulting with
supposed experts on their IRC channel. Part of the problem seems to be
that the constructed firmware is bigger than will fit in the system
partition. There are suggested workarounds, but none of them seem to
work. Furthermore, the various intermediate steps seem to lack tools
that might be helpful for figuring out what's going on, like, oh,
something to tell me how the emmc is partitioned.

Has anyone successfully installed postmarketos on anything? And if so,
do you have any insights into the mechanics of what is going on under
all the scriptings.

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior