[PLUG] Execute Script Via Email

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:05:15 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 8:11 AM Michael Barnes <barnmichael at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to execute a script via email? I have a machine that does
> several monitoring tasks of equipment. When certain conditions are detected
> and at scheduled times, the machine sends status emails to me. I would like
> to send an email back to execute a script to perform tasks.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?

I  suspect that it's not easy, but I'm sure it's possible, because you can
set up blogger.com to create a post from an email sent to someid at blogger.com
. Unfortunately, the mechanism that actually does it will be on their
servers in a place that's not visible.  Perhaps a google search might
explain how they do this.