[PLUG] Testing Zoom-linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 27 23:01:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021, Ali Corbin wrote:

> https://zoom.us/test

Ali,

I found that one.

> It'll show you your video, so that'll prove that your camera is working.
> The microphone is harder. You can change it and test it, and see the bars
> moving to prove that it's getting input. But I haven't found a way to play
> back the sound to make sure that it's not garbled.

When I test the mic with pavucontrol I can see the visual 'vu' bar moving so
I know the mic's working.

When I record video tutorials (using vokoscreenNG) I use the webcam and
external mic. When I play back what I've recorded the output goes to the
external speakers.

For Jitsi I've used a headset. Would that be appropriate for a Zoom
presentation to a group or should I use the computer speakers?

Thanks,