[PLUG] EXFAT is not case sensitive

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun Jul 4 22:15:33 UTC 2021

I just tried to rename a file:

	Mandy Make Up Your Mind.mp3

To make the Up not uppercase (in keeping with norms of English), and I
kept getting 'file already exists.' It took me a long time to figure out
what the problem was. Apparently EXFAT -respects- case in filenames, but
considers 'Up' and 'up' to be the same thing. The solution is to add a
character as well as changing the 'U' to 'u,' like change the 'U' to
'ux', save it, then rename it again to delete the extra character.

Knowing that EXFAT was designed by Microsoft this should not have
surprised me.

And I also discovered that it can't take '?' in a filename.