[PLUG] Segmentation fault with Ristretto

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Jul 5 22:26:44 UTC 2021

On 7/5/21 2:56 PM, Daniel Ortiz wrote:
> The following link is specifically for Ubuntu, but it could help you.
>
> https://blog.opstree.com/2019/04/02/resolving-segmentation-fault-core-dumped-in-ubuntu/

I followed the command line instructions. Steps 1 through 4 worked. But
I get this error when I run step 5:

rsteff at ENU-1:~$ sudo dpkg -l | grep ^..r | apt-get purge
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13:
Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock
(/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?

Those steps were not enough to solve the problem. I still get
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Next I followed the GUI instructions. The problem still exists.

Thanks for recommending the above.

Any other ideas?

--
Regards,