[PLUG] Android Filesystems

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Jul 12 15:52:27 UTC 2021

On 7/12/21 7:03 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 23:03:51 -0700
> Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> dijo:
>
>> I transfer files between my computer and phone with a cable, the phone
>> in "developer mode" and adb push/pull/shell (in appropriate
>> combinations).
>
> I looked around the net for details, and it looks like a pretty steep
> learning curve. I might be worth it, but I solved the problem a
> different way - I took the EXFAT drive and reformatted it FAT32. I
> could get away with this because none of the files were very large. I
> transferred about 60GB of audio files to the phone in about half an
> hour, and they're all working fine.
>
> I still want EXFAT to work. But right now it is not dependable for file
> transfers between my ext4 filesystems and the phone. I should not have
> had to put up with incompatibilities like I did.

You might give Airdroid a try.  It is an Android app that allows you to
control your phone from a browser.  In the distant past I used it to
move files back and forth between my phone and my desktop.  Typically
you would connect to your phone over wifi, but if you have a lot of
files to transfer, connecting your phone using a USB OTG cable and a USB
ethernet adapter *might* be faster.

It's been a long time since I've used Airdroid.  YMMV

galen
--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com