[PLUG] Android Filesystems

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Mon Jul 12 22:21:23 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 5:01 PM Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2021, 00:09 John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:
>

> > Maybe I need some utility on my phone to get it to read/write to ext4.
> > Does anyone have any clues?
> >

> This has been discussed here before. Still maybe worth of a reminder.
>
> I use TotalCommander + its sftp plugin to connect to my computer over
> WiFi+LAN and transfer whatever I need without stinking troublesome USB
> which I find crippled on Android.
>
> I also use NextCloud app + server to synchronize files between my phone and
> my cloud storage/calendar/etc. This needs more involved setup than
> TotalComander though.
>
> Best, T

The Android App FolderSync is also handy for syncing a folder(s) on Android
to/from  an external folder via SSH and a few other protocols. But it also
requires some detailed setup and might not be the best solution here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.lite

Bill