[PLUG] running (ancient) .BAS file with linux

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Jul 13 02:15:17 UTC 2021

If you can read the source file, can you share it or put it on
gitlab/github for others to help? Perhaps we can convert it to Python? My
Basic is rusty, and it really depends on how long the program is.

In HS (several decades ago), I wrote a matchmaking program for our senior
prom that crashed the dialup GE computer (ran out of memory) we used to run
Basic programs. Shhh.....I resorted to secretly matching everyone with
his/her boyfriend by hand....I was considered a computer genius until the
teacher in charge of the dialup account got a call from some very irate
folks at GE who threatened to remove the dial up terminal and paper tape
reader if we ever crashed their computer again.....he had my back and no
one found out. lol

Mark