[PLUG] running (ancient) .BAS file with linux

David Bridges david at kisbdnb.info
Tue Jul 13 13:33:04 UTC 2021

Debian also has a package named basic256 which might work.  It is
available in stable, testing, and unstable repos.

--
David

> > > I see a Debian package that might work
> > > python3-pcbasic - cross-platform emulator for the GW-BASIC family
> > > of
> > > interpreters (Python2)
> > >
> > > Bill
> >
> > A Debian package?
> > I don't find it when searching https://packages.debian.org .
> >
> It could depend on which repositories are in your sources.list, but
> this search works:
> apt-cache search gw basic
>
> Bill

I did separate searches for "python3-pcbasic" and "pcbasic" by entering
them in the search box at
https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages to avoid
possible sources.list related anomalies.

I just re-ran the search specifying "any" for suite.
"python3-pcbasic" is available in testing and unstable.

BTW it has a web site at http://robhagemans.github.io/pcbasic/ .