[PLUG] C64 emulator ... was (ancient) .BAS file with linux

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 18:44:21 UTC 2021

Just for fun, I tried to get the gb64 compiler to run.  But it's not
outputting "Hello, world!"
Here's what I am doing on Ubuntu 20.04:

apt-get update
apt-get install -y wget less tree g++ libgl-dev libglu1-mesa
libglu1-mesa-dev vim
cd /tmp/
wget
https://github.com/QB64Team/qb64/releases/download/v1.5/qb64_1.5_lnx.tar.gz
tar -xzvf qb64_1.5_lnx.tar.gz
cd qb64/
cat <<'eof' > hw.bas
10 PRINT "Hello, world!"
eof
./qb64 -x hw.bas
./hw

The output I get looks like this:

QB64 Compiler V1.5

Beginning C++ output from QB64 code...

Compiling C++ code into executable...
Output: hw
freeglut (./hw):

It seems intent on opening a new window.  Oh, well.  Just thought I'd post
my results.

Regards,
- Robert