[PLUG] Samsung 3440x1440 monitor not found issue.

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 17:24:41 UTC 2021

Chee... wrong key... Thank you Ben. I shall check that out. I am looking to
move on to Something Ubuntu 20.04, I see that there is a Wayland 3D
compositor called Wayfire that does what Compiz does but with way
less resources. I tested a 20.04 out on the screen and had no issues
so I think it has to do with the mx of Compiz and whatever else in Mate
18.04... I have been testing Wayland on another machine and appears
that it handles everything well, now just need to add the 3D compositor
and see how that goes. I see that there is a distro out that comes with
it pre-installed so I may also pull that down before I go through the pro-
cess of installing Wayfire, and see how it runs.

As with all things Linux there is  more than one way to deal with it.

Regarding the error message, usually I can get it if I log out or reboot
but tried several times and got no joy, of course when I am trying to
induce it to give up the error message it will not.