[PLUG] please stop modifying the message body

wes plug at the-wes.com
Fri Jun 4 00:31:10 UTC 2021

I think this is an ongoing topic and probably doesn't need to be closed.
however you are welcome to use gmail's mute feature if you would like to
stop seeing it.

the footer was removed last week or so, as a test at tom's request. since
then, I have seen emails from him flagged as spam, and also not flagged.

decisions to flag or not are based on a scoring system. each indicator of
email legitimacy is given a numerical value, and the scores from each
factor found in a given email are added together. the email service
provider sets a threshold of how high a score has to be to flag the email.
different providers will have different factors they consider, and set
their own threshold.

using linode to send emails is definitely a problem, even if you don't see
it.

-wes