[PLUG] Old books and bar codes

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Jun 15 02:49:09 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:00:49AM -0700, John Sechrest wrote:
> I once thought that I could convert my pile of old Science Fiction books
> into a list with barcodes....
> Sadly... None of them had barcodes....

Indeed, most of the books that I will donate to Internet
Archive don't have bar codes, many don't have ISBNs, and
a few are old enough to be in the public domain.

But if I segregate the bar-coded books onto some boxes,
and the older books into others, and the public domain
books into a third, their handling and authentication
tasks are simpler.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com